Tuesday 12 February 2008

A Wish Is Not Reincarnation

If I can turn back the clock I will never want to be as I am now. In fact if I can turn back the clock, I want to be in the UK, in Cambridge, never mind to some, Oxford is a better place. As much as I enjoyed being in Preston as a student, nothing beats the glory of being a student in Cambridge.

I would be doing a course known as Merchant Banking Studies, never mind if such courses do not exist, never mind I yawn and yawn during the classes, never mind if havent got a clue whats going on in the lecture hall everyday. One thing for sure I wont be doing the boring Law course. Law of Torts, Law of Contract, Law of Equity and all the Laws ever written. To lawyers I know, it is so glorious. The glory of law as far as I am concern diminished long time ago without me realising it. No one told me justice can be bought when I was in law school. The chinese businessman communities I know only knew one law and that is the Law of Kao Tim.

I would be very proud to speak in english with a posh accent. You know the one that sound as if I got a ping pong ball in my mouth as I speak. When someone ask me question, I will answer with sentences end with word "Indeed". "Are you on a diet? Yes, indeed" "How was the food? It was fantastic indeed". And when a cashier at the bank asks "How do you like the money, Sir? To confuse everyone, I would say "I like my money very much indeed".

The question now, if all such wishes comes true, what was I in the past life?

No comments: