Thursday 14 February 2008

Vote Hope

It is election time again. It was four years ago when I contributed a desktop computer, a printer, 4 sets walkie talkies, a car and two clerical staffs to one of the campaign centre for Barisan in Ampang Hulu Kelang known as DUN Bukit Antarabangsa. It was fun to go around in the middle of the night putting up posters and banners until 4am. It was no fun the next day when I could not answer to the question asked by the Judge in Court to the errors and omissions in my application. “Sibuk campaign ke?” His Lordship asked. All I can do is smile. If I can help it I want to say “Tidak juga Yang Arif, saya sibuk menyibuk”.

It is also the one and only occassion I get to meet the State Assemblyman and the Member of Parliament of my constituency. On the last election, we cried for schools, no school until today. We cried for Pondok Polis, until today there is none, not even Pondok Bergerak. All you can see, married men in this area playing Pondok-pondok, that is moving from the first wife house to the second wife house and to the girlfriends house.

The job that I do involves a lot of reasons or reasoning. Reason to issue Summons, reason to proceed with the Summons, reason to adjourn and or reason to discharge myself not to represent anyone I dislike. The MP in my constituency provides a valid reason too for not building school, there are no space or land to build schools. Show me the land, she said, I get the school built. Sadly they managed to clear big slope and greenery just behind my Pondok to built low costs flats instead of school.

So this election, I decided to live in my new Pondok peacefully not wanting to see any of the DUN and the MP.

I think I will be happy and they will be happier.

No comments: