Friday 15 February 2008

Happy Valentine


It has been a very tiring week, I was stressed out and burned, something wrong with my working pattern, it doesnt seems to pay off. Where do I go wrong? I must leave the office, I was looking at the same files again and again.

I took the lift to the ground floor, total change, the world is no longer files, what a relief, I thought I have a walk to KLCC. Along the pavement of the construction site entrance of the new Four Seasons Hotel, two Filipinos women were creative enough to sell flowers this beautiful day. The roses were sold in single, nicely placed in three seperate bamboo baskets. Someone stop and buy, the passerby had a glanced at the man who bought three red roses.

In KLCC, they sell not only roses, you can buy the bouquet with packages all in one such as tiny teddy, heart balloons and roche chocolates in it. The price, not that I am a cheapskate, to be honest I rather have a walk to Habib Jewel 10 metres way, get a nice gold ring and the price as much as the bouquet or less.
As a matter of fact, I will only buy the roses when it is cheap. If it is expensive and I still buy it, I must have done something wrong, really really wrong.
The flowers sold today are all in the name of Valentine's Day. For this day I have a message;

Happy Valentine to you all men out there, " Jangan Membazir".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are an independant nation, we show it everday by and through our actions. Yet there is a National (or Independance, as we say in the good old USA) Day where we seek to remember how our country achieved its liberation and how we have progressed since then. We love our parents dearly (most of us, anyway)and for those who still have a living parent, we show it in our actions towards them by respecting, obeying, loving and taking care of them in their late years. There is a Mother's Day and a Father's Day to celebrate in amplification of our love for them. Nobody makes a hue and cry about Mother's and Father's Day. Husbands who love their wives have 365 days in a year to show their love. Sometimes, with their hectic work schedule, they forget to shower their wives with affection and praise. What is wrong to have 1 day in a year in the form of a Valentine's Day to remind themselves? Husbands, don't la be so kedekut!!!!

DARI HULU said...

bukan kedekut. it is just too much to pay for the lousy flowers.

I rather pay for a ring.

Or why not buy for the husband, they deserve it too.

Anonymous said...

look at the guy who spent RM40K on an advertisement by the highway to propose to his valentine and RM14K on a ring for her...For soul mates, there is nothing too expensive... for the other. Of course for those who did not marry their soul mates, it is unnatural to be so generous...and maganimous..

DARI HULU said...

The guy who did that advert, he will regret it. This is soal membazir. Buang duit lah.