Monday 18 February 2008

Do You Believe In Ghost? "Hantu"?

Tonight, I was made to wait up and watched 2 horror movies until 3am. Both from Thailand, one on Astro, the other on TV2. To be frank, I hate horror movies. The type of movies I would be watching in the cinema would be like The Transformers. The story line, the special effects, the sounds worth every penny even though the fighting scenes between the human like machines can be quite disturbing.

The last horror movie I went to was many years ago, it was about a boy who can see ghosts. The story line, the acting was good, close to perfect. The "Hantu" did not make me jump, someone behind my seat did, whomever that person, scream a bit, jumped a bit, kicked at the back of my seat a bit, otherwise, I would have been fine. But of course the moment I got back home, left alone, I felt that like the boy in the movie, as if I can see ghosts too. Not that I am "penakut", I just dont like ghosts. To me, they are not nice to look at even though they look like Maya Karin. From thereon, I refrained myself from watching horror movies.

Then came this hit movie "Jangan Pandang Belakang", another "Hantu" movie. I didnt go to the movies, I rarely watch Malay movies, for this I watched it from the DVD. I must say the movie was cleverly done. The scene where the "hantu" flies next to the car, or sitting on top of the car, standing behind the car, doesnt help at all in getting rid of my fear and paranoia on "Hantu".

There will be a lot of "Hantu" by 8th of March 2008, you will hear the Opposition Parties complain of the existence of "Undi Hantu" in their constituencies, travelling in chartered buses. This "Undi Hantu" also known as Phantom Voters never worries me. They only "cari makan" if I may say, they have no intention of disturbing anyones peace. I believe there will be less "Undi Hantu" in this coming general election.

Selamat Mengundi 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Dearest abg..i think that if we dont experience it for ourselves..then we would never believe it or be afraid of it...wait until u see the real thing..then u'll see..anyway..wats for dinner?

DARI HULU said...

rscasrdinner, i think we both have a take away. what time should i pick up?

i like to experience nice thing. and i believe in nice things too, like nice people, nice car, nice food.

see u later.