Wednesday 27 February 2008

Nomination Fun Day

Right after breakfast, I was taken to a place where the supporters were gathering. I was surprised, they were carrying flags banners posters wearing t-shirts and badges of the Party they support, in this case Barisan Nasional (BN). There were probably about 500 hundreds of them, all in very high spirit and no doubt very organised. In my mind, who is the soul that arrange all these people to wake up Sunday morning to carry flags and banners, this was not mentioned this morning by the Setiausaha Kerja nor put up at the notice board at the Bilik Gerakan last night as I observed every single notices on the board. How do they do it?

Instead of walking with the supporters in the parade, I took a lift by car to the Nomination Centre. The road leading to the Nomination Centre was blocked by the police from other road users. Not one supporter around yet. In less than 5 minutes I saw them coming, the way they march will make anyone feel good about nomination day. The potential MP and DUNs were leading the parade, the followers supporter were behind them, waving the flags of MALAYSIA BN UMNO MCA MIC PPP GERAKAN, they were chanting slogans and singing patriotic songs. Everyone standing behind the yellow line, observed by the small number of police officers and one bad acting good old special branch pretending to be photographer among the journalists. Then came more supporters, marching with flags from different directions including the new breed of Mat Rempits, the number of supporters increased two folds. Now we wait, wait? For What?

Firstly, it is not 9am yet, the Nomination Centre open at 9am. It was 8.15am, we were very early. Secondly, I was told by someone that the opposition, in this case PAS will arrive around 8.30am. I said to my self, now that is something to look forward for a first timer like myself.


End of Part 3

No comments: