Thursday 12 June 2008

Are You In Favour Of Four Days Week?

image source: flickr

“If nothing change by August, about time we get a new government.” he said. A bloke I know at the office putting his point over teh tarik. He sound frustrated.

Do we need a new government? I notice, the public is beginning to buy promises made by AI and his PKR. Of all the promises, the most tempting one is the reduction of the price of fuel.

I am feeling the pinch myself, I travel substantially, I am not entitled to mileage claim and my clients are not interested in listening to my sobbing stories that I need more money to keep my office running. If nothings change by August, I might have to work on a four days week instead of five days week.

Common sense tells me it might work. Since Monday on average, I spend RM30 on fuel, RM10-15 on food, RM6-10 on tolls, parking etc, on average RM50.00 more or less when it used to be a lot less. On a bigger scale, four day week will cut office bills substantially from phone to electricity. There will be no demand for pay rise since all work less a day in a week.
Before I run out of money, before I go bust, before I got no job, this measures could be workable.

No comments: