Saturday 16 August 2008

UNEXPECTED EVENT


This took place many years ago, by the grace of Tok Guru Nik Aziz, I had my first taste of Syariah practice in Kota Bharu. It was our first trial, as the first witness was about to take oath by putting her right hand on the Quran, I said to my partner , “If any of the witnesses tell lies, we let them walk out of the court first, just in case lightning strike at the door."
It was at the same court someone was strike by lightning long time ago.

So, when I saw Saiful Bukhari sworn by the Quran on Friday evening TV3 news, with words “Wallahi Wabillahi Wataallahi”, followed by a sworn statement, it was like watching an unexpected live execution. I was told in Saudi Arabia the execution often took place after the Friday prayers.

The issues at hand, how do we perceive this mode of sworn statement? Are we suppose to dismiss it by saying it is another conspiracy? Are we supposed to reject it since this sort of sworn statement is inadmissible in our court of law? And eventually, who are we to believe?

I know for sure in Islam by his conduct today I have to believe him unless proven otherwise. At the moment, the adik, kakak, many girls and women out there saw him are having big big crush on Saiful.
What do you say?

No comments: