Monday 11 August 2008

RAISE THE FLAG, DEFEND THE FLAG

image: kazakhstan

I came from a school, must be the only school in Malaysia that held public demonstration, at one instance, someone was about to burn the national flag but something else took place, one of the student, raised the national flag half pole and starts dancing in front of the flag. I do not know what happen next, I knew it was taken down later, the student was expelled.

One thing I can never forget until today, the disciplinary teacher walks into the class room after the unfortunate event and said, “Do not play a fool with a flag, people die for the flag”.

Since that day I took very seriously when there is a call to raise the flag, it sadden me when I saw the Malaysian flags left to rot at Government buildings or anywhere for that matter. In fact I was told by a former Admiral, “…should you raise a flag at your house, salute the flag in morning.”

For the past few weeks there are blogs called for the raising of the flag upside down. I strongly believe those who called to raise the flag upside down must be stripped of their citizenship. The Malaysian flag as far as I am concern must be treated as sacred. No one should tolerate such unwanted call, no matter what race or religion.

No comments: