Sunday 10 August 2008

GREAT "BALLS" OF FIRE

My father once said, “Jangan main-mainkan ugama Islam. Orang Melayu dengan Islam adalah sesuatu yang sensitive untuk di bincangkan oleh orang lain.”

The British knew so well the Malays would not tolerate anyone who undermined Islam, Raja-Raja Melayu and the Special Privilege of the Malays. They knew the Malays will go all out to defend it, hence as written in the Federal Constitution.

It was good to see Zulkifli Nordin at the Bar Council building doing something about it. I know Zul Nordin (in short) since the day I was a junior counsel. We use to have coffee together since our office was in the same building. He runs a small practice then, much of his works are pro bono and he is never short of doing voluntary work including being one of the committee member of the mosque around the corner. To me, he is one of the most approachable and likeable person I ever met.

Despite of our political differences, I always have high regards for him. What he did yesterday shows that he got “Balls” since many Malay lawyers I know worry of their “Periuk Nasi”.

No comments: