Tuesday 22 July 2008

WHAT CAR ?

MY DREAM CAR

Between a Mercedes and a Proton Perdana? Given a choice, if I have the money, I take the Mercedes. It costs more but it runs better with less headache of the usual Proton.

My first Proton was the old “Tin Planta” Proton Saga” which I bought it second hand. By Eastern European Standard in the 1980s, Proton Saga was a must have, it is manual transmission and its heavy steering helps you to build muscle around your arms and shoulder. What to do, "dah nasib".

Then I got the Wira, a good car then, I don’t know whether I should be proud of it when I saw similar car in Thailand with Mitsubshi badge all over the car. The car served well by its standard, well done Mitsubishi although I find it is a boring car to drive.

I also got myself the red aeroback Iswara, it performed like Saga, it makes squeeky sound too, after 3 years the dash board shakes and make a lot of noise, I got to let it go. I don’t get much pleasure in driving this car. How do I say, after driving for one hour, I feel the pain all over my body, its very tiring when driving this car.

Then came the Waja, a much comfortable car, better design and handles well but it got one hell of accessories defects, it seems to be everywhere, from windows motor, mud guards, tyre flaps, gear box, radio, cd player, dash board shaking after 3 years. The spare parts are not cheap either, I can never forget I have to replace the window motor four times and it costs me RM450 per window motor each time. My partner who got the premium version sold the Waja for the same reason.

Finally, I drove the much proud Perdana, executive car by Ketuanan Melayu standard. By that standard I did not expect the never ending Gear Box problem.

These cars mentioned above, are symbol of Ketuanan Melayu, you the Menteri and MPs and Government Officials can drive them.

By the way, I did not own the "Ice Box, Washing Machine lookalike "Juwara".

And thank god, my partner now, drives a Mercedes, I am very happy for her, that is "Lifestyle", for myself until I have the money, I become the slave of my Perdana, that is "No Style".

No comments: