Friday 30 January 2009

BY HIS HIGHNESS PLEASURE

By the pleasure of His Highness Ke Bawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan of Kedah, I was invited to Istana Anak Bukit for two days.

A dream come true, it was. A dream I will never forget. A dream to share with all I know.

One of the main beauty of Istana Anak Bukit, as you enter the main gate, a short drive to the Istana, you will be passing a wooden bridge, it look like it has been existed since the day of time, it is so well preserved. I wonder who could tell me the myth, events and all stories worth telling so I can pass to generations to come.

On my first day, I accidentally took the wrong gate, even then, to get to the Istana, you have to go to the wooden bridge to get to the Istana, except that you come across a sort of mini zoo of fairy tales animals such as birds, deers etc.

One of the three things that caught my eyes as I enter the main hall before I make my way to the Balai Rong Seri is the huge paintings of Al Marhum Colonel HH Paduka Sri Sultan 'Abdu'l Hamid Halim Shah II ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ahmad Taj ud-din al-Mukarram.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. How was it? Btw, the new Selangor government can't say no to new carrefour at section 11 kota Damansara. Good for nothing ... And giant is like 500 metres away.

DARI HULU said...

How could they? It is in the master plan.

500 metres a part is good competition. one of them will crash to the ground.