Friday 12 December 2008

BUKIT MEWAH BUKIT ANTARABANGSA LANDSLIDE 4

I was surprised by the number of police presence, the Smart Rescue Team and Fire Rescuer at 4.30am. It was dark, not much can be done other than searching for survivors with torch lights, no lights other torch lights. Bukit Mewah neighbourhood was seen giving as much assistance to the authority in identifying houses which were affected. I heard one man in the state of shock discovered a swimming pool in front of his house and his cars moved three bungalows away from his house.

One lady spoke of Thana, (later as in the news Thana perished in the landslide) blaiming the abandon houses at Wangsa 9 in her opinion caused the landslide, there are others blaiming the new bungalows project nearby.
Those standing and watching are those not affected but largely are those who came back from late supper but unable to get back to their home probably at Kyoto Garden, Oakleaf Condo or all over Bukit Jaya and Bukit Utama.

At the same time, I was counting, several times, looking above the bungalows where my house is standing, the distance to the landslide, its five doors away, counted again and again, comforting myself, its seven doors away. I am safe, I should be safe, I thought to myself.

I went back to my house, very quickly, quick shower, quick change of clothes, pray for Suboh, right after the "sujud Syukor", the police came, asking me to vacate the house, it was declared unsafe, he said, the earth is unstable. "Banyak pergerakan Encik", he said.

Its 6.15am, what should I do, where should I go?

No comments: