Thursday 11 December 2008

BUKIT MEWAH BUKIT ANTARABANGSA LANDSLIDE 3

We rushed back to Bukit Antarabangsa once we dropped the children. Thinking of the things to do next, whatever we can retrieve and ran off with it, passports, documents, children clothing etc.

By the time we arrived, my bros were at the gate waiting for us. Syabas workers had just abandoned their work, it is apparent we may abandon our house.

I went to Bukit Mewah, a small army of rescuers has started search and rescue work. Houses seems to be knocking each other, I saw a car as high as 30 feet, close to the roof, the landslide blocked the only road to Bukit Jaya, Bukit Mewah Kyoto Garden, Oakleaf Condo, Laman Oakleaf as high as 2 storey building.

Many in the state of confusion, direct victims are those where their houses totally destroy with or without casualties. Residences of Bukit Mewah were all out of their houses crossing monsoon drain opposite the mosque.

Many who live across the landslide further up the hill were seen standing hoping they can get back home at the wee hour of the morning.

At the same time, in the dark I was trying to identify the house I was so concerned about earlier. Not many were carrying torch light, even if they do, it look so pathetic.

Its nearly 5am, the house was actually move from its original location by 10 metres, almost a total lost although not crumbling. How do I tell him, I thought to myself.

No comments: