Saturday 19 April 2008

Barang Yang Lepas Jangan Di Kenang

Last night I went out with an old friend, we were class mate, now practising and an active member of the Sarawak Bar. He was at the dinner when Pak Lah expressed his regret and wrong doing of the Executive. Pak Lah also announced the formation of Judicial Appointment Commission, no apology from the Government to the Lordships, victims of Malaysia's 1988 Judicial Crisis.

"An apology is good for the Country." he said. As you would have expected, I disagree, "..no apology, not from the Government..," I said.
We would have wasted so much time arguing over it. The same goes to whoever think the Government should apologise. Theres no end to it.

Fed up with it, I smile and said "Barang Yang Lepas Jangan Di Kenang."

And I add, "We Malaysian have a way of burying the hatchet, there's no need for us to please anyone in the West to bring confidence to our Judiciary."

No comments: